The Memorial Mile Race Committee and Underdog Race Timing have decided for the safety of our racers to change the race to a virtual event. Racers can choose between a 1 mile or 5K race or walk. These races can be run anywhere while you are following safe social distancing rules.
Where will you entry fees and donations go?
Each year we donate all proceeds for the race to the Adirondack Vets House and to the Open Door Mission and Soup Kitchen. Now more than ever these 2 charities need our help. It is fitting that we run/walk on Memorial Day weekend to honor our Veterans.
The Adirondack Vets House is located on Pine Street in Glens Falls. The Vet’s House mission is to identify homeless and at-risk veterans in Northern Saratoga, Warren, Hamilton and Washington Counties and to provide them with a safe, stable, and supportive longer term living environment. For those in residence, our mission is to direct them to services from a variety of providers who will assist in preparing them for an independent and productive life after their stay has concluded.
The Open Door Mission is located on Warren Street in Glens Falls. Open Door’s vision is to foster life transformation in a compassionate collaborative community where the marginalized feel safe asking for help, resources are accessible, and all are treated with dignity.
About the Event.
With the Covid 19 crisis, Virtual races have given us a much-needed outlet for our athletic activities. Most importantly, we want you to get out and enjoy a run/walk and contribute in a healthy way. Sign up, Run/walk, submit your time, accept our thanks for your support.
You can sign up for the 1 mile, 5K or both. You can also donate additional amounts if you wish.
There is no official course. Go to your favorite loop and run/walk for the distance you have signed up for. You must sign up before you run and your run/walk and you should run/walk on Memorial Day weekend.
How does it work? 3 Easy Steps:
- Register any time before May 22nd. 100% of your entry fee will go directly to the charities above. You will be charged the credit card fee processing fee for the registration site.
- Run/Walk the course outlined below any time between May 22nd – May 25th at Midnight. Note: All current local municipality Stay at Home orders allow us to run outdoors (observing Social Distancing guidelines).
- Submit your Time. Use the IYR Virtual App on your phone or Time your race on your own (with a watch, GPS or an app like MapMyRun or Strava) and then follow the directions below to enter your time. We are on an honor system here as this is a charity race.
- Final results will be posted on Tuesday May 26th.
How to Record & Upload Your Run Results with the IYR Results App
1. Download the IYR Virtual App to your phone for the Apple App store (Andriod coming soon)
2. Login using the email address you registered with
3. Search for this event
4. Go to "Tracker" and click "Ready to Start My Race"
5. Run or Walk the distance you signed up for and the app will automatically upload your results (as long as your login email matches your registration email)
6. Check your results
How to Manually upload your results: